When it's hotter than Satan's taint and the last thing you want to do is "cook" anything, here's something to make at home that's healthy, easy to make and really satisfying!
- 1 can black-eyed peas, drained & rinsed
- 1 can Cannelini beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 can Garbanzo beans, drained & rinsed
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- fresh grape or cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 3-4 TBSP olive oil
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- drizzle of honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- cilantro as garnish
Mix all ingredients together in a big bowl. Eat with tortilla chips or warmed corn tortillas.