Why get take-out when homemade is this easy?
Sesame Peanut Tofu & Broccoli
WHAT YOU NEED:
1 container tofu, diced (or chicken if you prefer)
3-4 cups cooked broccoli, chopped (steamed or blanched is ideal)
1 TBSP toasted sesame oil
1 TBSP low-sodium tamari or soy sauce
1/2 cup coconut milk, canned
2 TBSP peanut butter
1 glove garlic, minced
WHAT YOU DO:
1) warm oil in a skillet over medium heat
2) add tofu and toss for several minutes
3) add tamari sauce
4) add broccoli, coconut milk, peanut butter and garlic
5) toss all ingredients over medium/high heat until hot
6) serve over brown rice or quinoa, topped with sesame seeds and enjoy!
I tried this recipe in a different way. I baked the tofu and made the sauce separately to drizzle over the top and it was amazing!
To bake the tofu:
- preheat your oven to 300.
- open the container of tofu and drain the water out
- put the tofu cake/block on a towel or paper towels to drain more fully. Cover it with another towel and put something heavy on it. I used my iron skillet with balanced two big cans of beans.
- in a medium bowl add 1 TBSP of tamari sauce and 1 TBSP of toasted peanut or sesame oil.
- after a few minutes, remove the towels from the tofu. Cute into 1-inch cubes.
- add the tofu cubes to your medium bowl with oil and sauce and toss until fully covered. Add a pinch of cornmeal and continue stirring.
- on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, add the tofu cubes and spread out evenly with space between.
- bake for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally until the cubes are the right kind of crispy for you!
To make the sauce:
- in a Mason jar or medium bowl, add 1 cup coconut milk (in a can), 2-3 TBSP peanut butter and 1 TBSP tamari sauce. Add 1/2-1 clove raw garlic (it's SO good for you!). Using an immersion blender, blend the mixture until smooth.
- that's it!