Today's the actual day but folks have been posting pics of costumes and parties and other scary things all weekend.
But for many people, feeding yourself well is *truly* frightening!!
(like that? It took me about two minutes to come up with it)
Here's a tasty recipe for you that combines lots of harvest-like foods that will warm you up and keep you full for hours. And make sure you add lots of extra things to boost fiber, get extra vitamins and full fat for healthy hair, skin and nails.
HEARTY HARVEST BREAKFAST
1/2 cup 7 or 12-grain hot cereal (oatmeal also works)
1 1/4 cup water or milk of choice (cow, almond, soy)
1/4 cup canned organic pumpkin
1/4 cup chopped almond, walnuts or pecans
large handful dried cranberries
1 large pat butter
maple syrup to taste
pinch of salt
pinch of cinnamon
pinch of nutmeg
*optional additions are hemp seeds, ground flax or chia seeds
1. bring water to a boil in a small pot on the stove
2. add hot cereal. If you're using 7 or 12-grain cereal, prepare to be there a while and stir a lot. Quick or rolled oats take less time to cook
3. once cereal thickens, add pumpkin and spices and stir together
4. add nuts and simmer 2 minutes
5. transfer to bowl and add butter, cranberries and maple syrup
6. serve, chew slowly and enjoy!